First Steps in
Private Practice Workshop
Saturday, 16 June 2012
Are you a helping professional who is currently employed and considering venturing into private work but aren’t sure where to start? Less than three short years ago, I was in your shoes and had to figure it all out on my own — but now with this one day event you don’t have to!
In this fun and inspiring one-day event, you will learn:
- The Pros and Cons of Private Practice.
- Develop a range of services that interest and excite you.
- Finding your ideal clients.
- How to set yourself up as a self-employed professional.
- Setting your fees.
- The importance of a business bank account.
- Taking payment, invoices, and receipts.
- Tax and National Insurance.
- Making appointments.
- Client contact by phone, text, email, and post.
- Marketing materials — business cards and leaflets.
- Personal safety.
- Private Healthcare Referrals.
- Testimonials – to use or not to use?
- Administrative support.
- How to protect yourself against loss of earnings though cancellations.
- Therapy contracts.
- Intake forms and psychometric evaluation.
- Branding and marketing.
- Building up a client base.
- Developing a professional network.
- Premises — identity, location, safety.
- The client intake, screening process, and interview.
- Continuing Professional Development.
- Supervision – who and how?
- The importance of insurance.
- Data protection issues.
- Pensions and illness cover.
- Website — to have one or not?
- How to market yourself on online directories.
Previous workshop participants have said:
“Fantastic! You led us through the steps, which were clear and concise. I feel far more confident and excited about doing this myself.”
"Excellent and really inspiring day."
"Your workshop gave me hope, motivation, confidence, and lots of helpful and practical ideas and information."
“Excellent workshop! Highly recommend it for anyone wanting to create a successful business.”
"Lovely energy, great workshop!"
"There was a good balance of information and discussion."
“Enthusiastic, confident, and clear presentation — I felt encouraged to develop my ideas.”
"Great tips, which are invaluable."
"Jen, you really seemed to listen to our comments and adjust the schedule to meet our requirements."
“Very informative, clearly structured, and well-presented.”
“Excellent. Practical information and advice. Good to see that you are already doing this successfully — helps me to imagine I could do it too.”
“The day has been inspiring seeing that creating a successful practice is possible and there are many resources I had not heard of to help”
So not only will you leave equipped with all the facts you need to take your first steps into private practice, you will have the benefit of a network of like-minded professionals to support you going forward.
The next workshop is on Saturday, 16 June 2012 at a Central London Venue.
Lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments are included as well as a course ring binder containing all of the PowerPoint slides, handouts, and fast-action worksheets.
The workshop fee is £127. Advanced booking is essential.
To reserve your place, please complete and return the booking form by clicking here. (You can type directly into the form, save to your hard drive, then mail in, or e-mail.) If you have any questions or queries, please do call 020 8542 5119 or 07737 169 429 or e-mail: .
There are three methods of payment. Easily reserve your seat(s) by paying online. (Booking form information is still required after paying online. Select date of workshop and number of seats after adding to cart.)
You can also pay by cheque or bank transfer. Full instructions are on the booking form.
I look forward to meeting you and helping you take your first steps into private practice!
Dr Jennifer Reid
Dr. Jennifer Reid